There were a lot of Cubs Minor League games on Sunday and a lot of goodness.
Single-A South Bend
Cubs won both games of doubleheader, 6-1 and 11-2.
- #3 prospect, LHP Brailyn Marquez had a unique start in game one. Marquez allowed three hits and one run over 3 2/3 innings. He struck out a season-high 8 and unfortunately walked 7. Marquez threw 86 pitches, only 42 for strikes. He’s got the velocity and potential but is still raw when it comes to pitch control.
- RHP Jeff Passantino came in after Marquez, throwing 3 1/3 shutout innings. Passantino struck out six and walked none, picking up the win. He is 2-0 with a 2.55 ERA in 17 2/3 innings (6 games) this season. Passantino has struck out 25.
- #15 prospect, OF Nelson Velazquez went 1-for-3 with 1 RBI in game one. Velazquez went 1-for-4 with 1 RBI in game two, increasing his hit streak to 7 games.
- #30 prospect, SS Andy Weber went 3-for-4 with 2 runs scored in game two. Weber is 11-for-27 in his last 6 games with 10 RBI.
- 1B Levi Jordan went 1-for-2 with 1 RBI, 2 walks, and a run scored in game one. Jordan went 3-for-4 with a solo homer and 4 RBI in game two.
- 1B Tyler Durna went 2-for-3 with 2 RBI, 3 runs scored, and a walk in game two. Durna is batting .293 through 20 games this season.
High-A Myrtle Beach
Pelicans fell to Salem 15-7.
- #6 prospect, SS Aramis Ademan went 2-for-4 with a homer and 5 RBI. Ademan is batting .286 with 2 homers and 12 RBI through 16 games. He was batting just .148 on 4/13 and has gone 10-for-22 with 8 RBI since the 13th.
- OF Luke Fennell went 3-for-4 with 1 RBI and a run scored.
- OF Kevonte Mitchell went 2-for-4 with a run scored.
Big Sale on Cubs Stuff! Check it out below:
Smokies fell to Jacksonville 4-3.
- 3B Robel Garcia went 2-for-5 with a 2-run homer. Garcia continues his hot start to the season with a hit in each of his last 6 games. Garcia’s batting .354 with 5 homers and 19 RBI in 13 games.
Cubs split doubleheader; 3-7, 19-5.
- LHP Mike Montgomery made his 3rd rehab start in game one. Montgomery allowed two hits and two earned runs over 4.0 innings. He struck out five and walked two.
- CF Ian Happ went 2-for-3 with a 3-run homer in game one. Happ went 1-for-4 with 1 RBI, 3 runs scored, and 2 walks in game two.
- Addison Russell played DH in game two, going 2-for-2 with a homer, 3 RBI, 4 runs scored, and 2 walks. Russell is batting .294 through 5 games for Iowa.
- 3B Phillip Evans went 2-for-2 with a grand slam and 3 walks in game two.
- OF Johnny Field went 2-for-2 with a grand slam in game two.
- C Ian Rice went 2-for-4 with 2 RBI, 2 runs scored, and a walk in game two.
- Iowa scored 15 runs in the first inning of game two.