Cubs pitching prospects continue to dominate, dazzle, amaze, and star.
Single-A South Bend
Cubs beat Dayton 6-3.
- LHP Faustino Carrera was excellent again on Friday night. Carrera went 7.0 innings, allowing seven hits and two earned runs. He struck out two and walked none. Carrera is now 2-1 with a 2.19 ERA in his last 4 starts.
- #26 prospect, 3B Chris Morel went 2-for-3 with 2 RBI and a walk.
- 1B Tyler Durna went 2-for-3 with 1 RBI and a walk.
High-A Myrtle Beach
Pelicans fell to Lynchburg 2-0.
- RHP Alexander Vargas dominated in his first start this season. Vargas threw 5.0 perfect innings with a line of zeroes. He was claimed off waivers by the Cubs in December, making his debut last Sunday in a relief appearance.
- #6 prospect, SS Aramis Ademan went 2-for-4. Ademan is batting .260 with 3 homers and 17 RBI in 32 games this season.
Big Sale on Cubs Stuff! Check it out below:
Smokies beat Jackson 6-2.
- #19 prospect, RHP Tyson Miller dazzled again. Miller allowed two earned runs on seven hits over 7.2 innings. He struck out eight and walked none. Miller is 3-1 with a 1.17 ERA in 8 starts this season. What’s crazy is, his ERA went from 0.94 to 1.17 after allowing just two runs in nearly 8 innings. Miller is on fire this season.
- 2B Vimael Machin went 4-for-4 with 3 RBI and a walk. Machin is 8-for-12 with 5 RBI in his last 3 games.
- OF Connor Myers went 2-for-4 with 2 RBI.
Cubs fell to New Orleans 9-5.
- #4 prospect, RHP Adbert Alzolay made his first AAA start this season. Alzolay was on a rehab assignment for Myrtle Beach last Sunday. His first game since injuring himself in May 2018 didn’t go well. Alzolay’s 2nd game tonight wasn’t great either. Alzolay allowed four hits and five earned runs in 4.0 innings. He struck out six and walked three. The 6 strikeouts are a positive for Alzolay who will need time to find his groove. It has been a year since he last pitched in a documented game.
- 2B Robel Garcia went 1-for-5 with a solo homer.
- 1B Jim Adduci went 2-for-4 with 1 RBI.