The Cubs farm system went 4-1 on Tuesday.
Emeralds fell to Boise 4-0.
- OF Fernando Kelli went 2-for-4. Kelli improves his batting average to .318 in 12 games this season.
Single-A South Bend
Cubs crushed Fort Wayne 10-4, cranking 18 hits.
- #5 prospect, OF Cole Roederer went 5-for-5, hitting for the 1st ever South Bend Cubs cycle. Roeder doubled in the 1st, singled in the 3rd, doubled in the 5th, homered in the 7th, and tripled in the 9th! He’s now hitting .340 in June and 10-for-14 in his last 3 games.
- #26 prospect, 3B Chris Morel went 4-for-5 with 3 runs scored.
- 2B Delvin Zinn continued the big hitting performance for South Bend, going 5-for-5 with 1 RBI.
- And on the pitching side of things, #27 prospect RHP Riley Thompson turned in another dominant start. Thompson fired 5.0 shutout innings, striking out 5. He is now 4-3 with a 2.29 ERA in 12 starts this season.
High-A Myrtle Beach
Pelicans beat Winston-Salem 4-3.
- 3B Luke Reynolds went 2-for-4 with a 2-run homer in the 4th.
- DH/1B Cam Balego went 1-for-4 with a 2-run homer in the 6th. Balego now has 3 bombs in his last 10 games and 8 this season.
- #18 prospect, RHP Paul Richan settled down after a 3-run 1st inning and retired the next 13 batters. Richan finished with 3 earned runs in 5.0 innings. He is 7-3 with a 4.48 ERA in 12 starts this season.
Smokies beat Chattanooga 8-6 with a whopping 16 hits.
- #19 prospect, RHP Tyson Miller was lights out once again for the win. Miller went 6.0 innings, yielding 4 hits and 2 earned runs. He struck out 4 and walked 1. Miller is 4-3 with a 2.55 ERA in 14 starts this season.
- SS Vimael Machin went 1-for-5 with a grand slam. Machin is now hitting .300 through 67 games this season.
- #29 prospect, C Jhonny Pereda went 2-for-4 with 2 RBI. Pereda is up to a .297 batting average in his last 10 games.
- OF Connor Myers went 1-for-4 with 2 RBI.
Cubs beat Omaha 5-1 on 11 hits.
- RHP Craig Kimbrel tossed a scoreless 9th, striking out 2. He threw 16 pitches with 9 for strikes. This could have potentially been Kimbrel’s last Iowa appearance. If so, Kimbrel would finish with a 2.45 ERA in 4 games for the I-Cubs.
- RHP Matt Swarmer continued the strong pitching, dominating over 7.0 innings. Swarmer allowed 5 hits and 1 earned run while picking up the win. He struck out 1 and walked 3.
- 2B Robel Garcia led the Iowa offense again, going 2-for-4 with a solo homer in the 6th. He now has 20 home runs this season along with 56 RBI in 66 games.
- DH/C Taylor Davis went 2-for-2 with 2 walks.
- SS Dixon Machado went 1-for-4 with 2 RBI.
- #13 prospect, LHP Brendon Little had another mixed outing for the Arizona Cubs team #2. Little struck out 7 in 4 2/3 innings. However, he allowed 2 homers, finishing with 3 earned runs. Little threw 38 pitches with 32 strikes.