The Cubs lost 2 out of 3 in Colorado but won the finale yesterday and it was a grand finale. They look to keep the momentum rolling into LA, facing the Dodgers for a 4-game set starting tonight.
- Thursday – 9:10 pm CDT: (NBC Sports Chicago+, 670 The Score)
- Friday – 9:10 pm CDT: (WGN, 670 The Score)
- Saturday – 8:10 pm CDT: (MLB Network, ABC 7 Chicago, 670 The Score)
- Sunday – 6:05 pm CDT: (ESPN, 670 The Score)
- Thursday – LHP Jon Lester vs. LHP Clayton Kershaw
- Friday – RHP Kyle Hendricks vs. LHP Rich Hill
- Saturday – RHP Yu Darvish vs. RHP Walker Buehler
- Sunday – LHP Jose Quintana vs. LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu
The Last Series
- Cubs lost 2 out of 3 at Colorado: (5-6, 3-10, 10-1)
- Dodgers were sept against the Angels: (3-5, 3-5)
Cubs vs. Dodgers This Season
- The Cubs played LA earlier in the season at Wrigley. The Cubs went 2-1.
Who’s Hot (Dodgers)
- 3B Justin Turner is 8-for-18 with 2 RBI in his last 5 games.
- 1B Max Muncy is 6-for-17 with 3 home runs in his last 5 games.
- RHP Walker Buehler, the starting pitcher on Sunday, struck out 9 in 7.0 scoreless frames his last time out on 6/9.
Important Injuries (Dodgers)
- SS Corey Seager just injured his left hamstring the other day. Seager is expected to miss 4-to-6 weeks and will definitely be out for this series.
- CF A.J. Pollock is recovering from a right elbow surgery. Pollock is expected to return this season but will not be available for the series.
- 1B David Freese is day-to-day with right knee tendinitis. He should be available to play for this entire series.
Who’s Hot (Cubs)
- OF Jason Heyward is 8-for-23 in his last 7 games.
- OF Carlos Gonzalez is 4-for-14 in his last 4 games.
- OF Kyle Schwarber has 3 homers and 9 RBI in his last 6 games. Schwarber is hitting .280 (7-for-25) during the stretch.
Important Injuries (Cubs)
- Reliever Steve Cishek is day-to-day after being hit in the right shin with a baseball before Wednesday’s game. He should return in this series.
- The Dodgers hold an NL-best 45 wins to just 23 losses record.
- The Cubs are 14-18 away this season while the Dodgers are 25-7 at home.
- Taking 3 games out of 4 would be huge for the Cubs.