After yesterday’s 5-3 win over the Mets, the Cubs open another 4-game home series starting tonight against the Braves.
- Monday – 7:05 pm CDT: (NBC Sports Chicago, 670 The Score)
- Tuesday – 7:05 pm CDT: (NBC Sports Chicago+, 670 The Score)
- Wednesday – 7:05 pm CDT: (MLB Network, WGN, 670 The Score)
- Thursday – 1:20 pm CDT: (NBC Sports Chicago, 670 The Score)
- Monday – LHP Jon Lester vs. RHP Julio Teheran
- Tuesday – RHP Adbert Alzolay vs. LHP Max Fried
- Wednesday – RHP Yu Darvish vs. LHP Dallas Keuchel
- Thursday – RHP Tyler Chatwood vs. TBD
The Last Series
- Cubs split 4 games with Mets 2-2: (7-4, 4-5, 2-10, 5-3)
- Braves beat Nationals 2 games to 1: (3-4, 13-9, 4-3)
Who’s Hot (Braves)
- 1B Freddie Freeman is hitting .375 with 2 homers and 10 RBI in his last 6 games.
- 3B Josh Donaldson has 3 home runs and 4 RBI in his last 6 games.
Important Injuries (Braves)
- CF Ender Inciarte is on the 10-day IL with a lumbar strain. He will be out for this series.
- LHP Sean Newcomb is on the 10-day IL with a head injury. Newcomb could possibly return in this series.
Who’s Hot (Cubs)
- RF Jason Heyward is 9-for-21 in his last 6 games.
- C Willson Contreras is 5-for-15 with 2 homers and 5 RBI in his last 4 games.
Important Injuries (Cubs)
- RHP Carl Edwards Jr. is on the 10-Day IL with a left thoracic strain. He may be available for the series.
- RHP Kyle Hendricks is on the 10-Day IL with right shoulder inflammation. He will miss a few starts.
- The Cubs played the Braves in Atlanta earlier in the season. Atlanta swept the Cubs 3-0 (0-8, 4-6, 4-9) in early April.