The Cubs have won 3 out of their last 4 games and look to continue winning starting today, opening a 3-game set against the rival Cardinals.
- Friday – 1:20 pm CST: (NBC Sports Chicago, MLB Network, 670 The Score)
- Saturday – 6:15 pm CST: (Fox, 670 The Score)
- Sunday – 6:05 pm CST: (ESPN, 670 The Score)
- Friday – LHP Cole Hamels vs. RHP Miles Mikolas
- Saturday – LHP Jon Lester vs. RHP Jack Flaherty
- Sunday – RHP Kyle Hendricks vs. RHP Adam Wainwright
The Last Series
- Cubs beat Colorado 2 games to 1:
(6-3, 9-8, 1-3)
- Cardinals split series with Reds 1-1:
Cubs vs. Cardinals This Season
- Chicago and St. Louis are tied 3-3 in the season series. The Cubs started out with a series sweep and then the Cardinals swept the Cubs last weekend.
Who’s Hot (Cardinals)
- 3B Matt Carpenter is batting .313 with 4 RBI over his last 5 games.
Important Injuries (Cardinals)
- C Yadier Molina, out with right thumb tendon strain. Molina does not have a timetable and will be out for this entire series.
Who’s Hot (Cubs)
- 3B David Bote is hitting .294 with 1 homer and 8 RBI over his last 5 games.
- SS Javy Baez has 2 home runs and 6 RBI over his last 6 games.
- LF Kyle Schwarber has hit safely in 5 straight games (.368/7-for-19).
Important Injuries (Cubs)
- The Cardinals have the same 3 starting pitchers scheduled as last week’s series in St. Louis.
- The Cubs are just 5-9 in their last 14 games. Another sweep or series win can really start to turn things around.