The Cubs start a 4-game series at home tonight against the Mets.
- Thursday – 7:05 pm CDT: (MLB Network, WGN, 670 The Score)
- Friday – 1:20 pm CDT: (MLB Network, NBC Sports Chicago, 670 The Score)
- Saturday – 1:20 pm CDT: (MLB Network, ABC 7 Chicago, 670 The Score)
- Sunday – 1:20 pm CDT: (ABC 7 Chicago, 670 The Score)
- Thursday – RHP Tyler Chatwood vs. RHP Walker Lockett
- Friday – RHP Yu Darvish vs. LHP Jason Vargas
- Saturday – LHP Jose Quintana vs. RHP Zack Wheeler
- Sunday – LHP Cole Hamels vs. RHP Jacob deGrom
The Last Series
- Cubs split 2 games with the White Sox 1-1: (1-3, 7-3)
- Mets lost 2 out of 3 to Atlanta: (3-12, 10-2, 2-7)
Who’s Hot (Mets)
- 1B Pete Alonso is 11-for-26 with 2 home runs and 8 RBI in his last 7 games.
- RF Michael Conforto has 2 homers and 6 RBI in his last 7 games.
Important Injuries (Mets)
- RHP Noah Syndergaard is on the 10-day IL with a right hamstring strain. He will not start or be available for this series.
- RHP Jeurys Familia is on the 10-day IL with a Bennett lesion in his right shoulder. Familia is out for the series.
- Former-Cub LHP Justin Wilson is on the 10-day IL with left elbow soreness. His return date is TBD and will likely be out for this series.
- 2B Jed Lowrie is on the 60-day IL with multiple knee and hamstring injuries. He is out for the series.
Who’s Hot (Cubs)
- C Willson Contreras is 7-for-14 with 2 home runs and 7 RBI in his last 4 games.
- 3B Kris Bryant is 9-for-21 in his last 6 games with 2 homers and 2 RBI.
- 1B Anthony Rizzo has 2 home runs and 4 RBI in his last 6 games.
Important Injuries (Cubs)
- RHP Carl Edwards Jr. is on the 10-Day IL with a left thoracic strain. He may be available for the series.
- RHP Kyle Hendricks is on the 10-Day IL with right shoulder inflammation. He will miss a few starts.
- The Cubs won 2 games out of 3 the last time they faced New York in August 2018.