Fresh off 5 straight wins including a 3-game sweep of the Giants, the Cubs close out the homestand with a 3-game set against Washington.
- Friday – 1:20 pm CT: (MLB Network, ABC 7 Chicago, 670 The Score)
- Saturday – 1:20 pm CT: (MLB Network, NBC Sports Chicago, 670 The Score)
- Sunday – 1:20 pm CT: (WGN, TBS, 670 The Score)
- Friday – LHP Jon Lester vs. RHP Anibal Sanchez
- Saturday – LHP Jose Quintana vs. TBD
- Sunday – LHP Cole Hamels vs. RHP Stephen Strasburg
The Last Series
- Cubs swept San Francisco 3-0: (5-3, 12-11, 1-0)
- Nationals won 3 out of 4 in Pittsburgh: (13-0, 1-4, 11-1, 7-1)
Who’s Hot (Nationals)
- 3B Anthony Rendon is 13-for-33 (.394) with 2 homers and 9 RBI in his last 7 games.
- RF Adam Eaton is 11-for-29 (.393) with 3 homers and 8 RBI in his last 7 games.
Important Injuries (Nationals)
- LHP Sean Doolittle is out for the series.
- 1B Ryan Zimmerman may be available in the series.
Who’s Hot (Cubs)
- RF Nick Castellanos is 9-for-25 (.360) with 3 homers and 5 RBI in his last 6 games.
- 1B Anthony Rizzo is 7-for-17 (.412) with 3 homers and 6 RBI in his last 6 games.
Important Injuries (Cubs)
- C Willson Contreras is out for the series.
Cubs vs. Nationals This Season
- The Cubs won 2 games out of 3 in DC in mid-May.