The Cubs start a 4-game series tonight in Pittsburgh, looking to start gaining momentum.
- Monday – 6:05 pm CDT: (NBC Sports Chicago, ESPN, 670 The Score)
- Tuesday – 6:05 pm CDT: (NBC Sports Chicago, 670 The Score)
- Wednesday – 6:05 pm CDT: (NBC Sports Chicago, 670 The Score)
- Thursday – 3:05 pm CDT: (WGN, ESPN, 670 The Score)
- Monday – RHP Adbert Alzolay vs. RHP Trevor Williams
- Tuesday – RHP Kyle Hendricks vs. RHP Joe Musgrove
- Wednesday – RHP Yu Darvish vs. RHP Chris Archer
- Thursday – LHP Jose Quintana vs. RHP Jordan Lyles
The Last Series
- Cubs lost 2 out of 3 games in Cincinnati: (3-6, 6-0, 6-8)
- Pirates lost 2 out of 3 games in Milwaukee: (3-1, 1-3, 1-2)
Who’s Hot (Pirates)
- SS Kevin Newman is 11-for-27 with 3 homers and 7 RBI in his last 6 games.
- LF Corey Dickerson has 5 RBI, hitting 8-for-22 in his last 6 games.
Important Injuries (Pirates)
- C Francisco Cervelli is on the 10-day IL with concussion symptoms. He’s out the series.
- OF Lonnie Chisenhall is on the 60-day IL with multiple injuries. He’s out for the series.
- OF Gregory Polanco is on the 10-day IL with left shoulder inflammation. He may be available in the series.
- RHP Jameson Taillon is on the 60-day IL with a right arm injury. He’s out for the series.
Who’s Hot (Cubs)
- RF Jason Heyward is 8-for-23 with 4 home runs and 11 RBI in his last 7 games.
- 3B Kris Bryant is 8-for-25 with 5 walks in his last 7 games.
Important Injuries (Cubs)
- LHP Cole Hamels is on the 10-day IL with a left oblique strain. He’s out for the series.
- RHP Carl Edwards Jr. is on the 10-day IL with a left thoracic strain. He’s possibly available for the series.
- The Cubs last played Pittsburgh at Wrigley in early April. The Cubs won 2 out of 3.
- Rookie Adbert Alzolay makes his 1st career MLB road start on Monday night.