The Cubs start a 9-game road trip tonight with a 3-game set in Cincinnati.
- Friday – 6:10 pm CDT: (MLB Network, WGN, 670 The Score)
- Saturday – 3:10 pm CDT: (ABC 7, 670 The Score)
- Sunday – 12:10 pm CDT: (MLB Network, NBC Sports Chicago, 670 The Score)
- Friday – LHP Cole Hamels vs. RHP Sonny Gray
- Saturday – LHP Jose Quintana vs. RHP Luis Castillo
- Sunday – LHP Jon Lester vs. RHP Anthony DeSclafani
The Last Series
- Cubs split 4 games with Atlanta: (8-3, 2-3, 3-5, 9-7)
- Reds were swept by the Angels 2-0: (1-5, 1-5)
Who’s Hot (Reds)
- Saturday’s starter, RHP Luis Castillo is having an excellent season for Cincinnati. Castillo is 7-2 with a 2.56 ERA in 16 starts.
- RF Yasiel Puig is 5-for-18 with 3 homers and 7 RBI in his last 5 games.
- 1B Joey Votto is 5-for-19 with 2 home runs and 4 RBI in his last 5 games.
Important Injuries (Reds)
- C Tucker Barnhart is day-to-day with right side soreness. He should be available for the series.
- LHP Wandy Peralta is on the 10-day IL with a right hip flexor strain. He will not be available.
- 2B Scooter Gennett is on the 60-day IL with a right groin strain. He’s at the end of a Triple-A rehab assignment and could be available.
Who’s Hot (Cubs)
- C Willson Contreras is 7-for-18 with 2 homers and 6 RBI in his last 5 games.
- RF Jason Heyward is 11-for-23 with 5 RBI in his last 7 games.
Important Injuries (Cubs)
- RHP Carl Edwards Jr. is on the 10-Day IL with a left thoracic strain. He may be available for the series.
- RHP Kyle Hendricks is on the 10-Day IL with right shoulder inflammation. He will miss a few starts.
- The Cubs lost 2 out of 3 to Cincinnati on the road in the middle of May. They then lost 2 out of 3 at home at the end of May.