The Cubs return home tonight, facing the rival White Sox in the beginning of a quick 2-game series.
- Tuesday – 7:05 pm CDT: (NBC Sports Chicago, 670 The Score)
- Wednesday – 7:05 pm CDT: (ABC 7 Chicago, 670 The Score)
- Tuesday – LHP Cole Hamels vs. RHP Ivan Nova
- Wednesday – LHP Jon Lester vs. RHP Lucas Giolito
The Last Series
- Cubs lost 3 games out of 4 against the Dodgers: (3-7, 3-5, 2-1, 2-3)
- White Sox split series with Yankees 2-2: (5-4, 10-2, 4-8, 3-10)
Who’s Hot (White Sox)
- Former-Cub OF Eloy Jimenez is 7-for-18 with 3 home runs and 8 RBI in his last 5 games.
- 1B Jose Abreu is 11-for-21 in his last 5 games.
- RHP Lucas Giolito, the Sox starter on Wednesday is 10-1 with a 2.22 ERA in 13 starts this season.
Important Injuries (White Sox)
- 3B Yoan Moncada is day-to-day with upper back tightness. He should be available for the series.
Who’s Hot (Cubs)
- 3B Kris Bryant has 2 home runs, hitting 5-for-15 in his last 5 games.
- 1B Anthony Rizzo is 6-for-22 with 2 homers and 4 RBI in his last 6 games.
Important Injuries (Cubs)
- RHP Carl Edwards Jr. is on the 10-Day IL with a left thoracic strain. He will not be available for the series.
- RHP Kyle Hendricks is on the 10-Day IL with right shoulder inflammation. He will miss a few starts.
- After these 2 games against the White Sox at Wrigley, the Cubs play 2 in Guaranteed Rate Field July 6-7. The winner of the Crosstown Cup will be decided in that series.