Theo Epstein talked before Tuesday night’s game against the Reds, providing multiple Cubs injury updates.
- Brandon Morrow will be evaluated this week. Morrow could resume throwing soon.
- Victor Caratini is coming back soon. Caratini could potentially return as early as Wednesday or Thursday.
- Nico Hoerner will head to Arizona later this week to resume a hitting program.
- Adbert Alzolay is in Iowa now and will start Friday’s game.
- Tony Barnette will throw in an extended Spring Training game on Wednesday.
Morrow is the big one on the list as the Cubs currently do not have a closer with Pedro Strop on the IL. Morrow has suffered multiple setbacks and hasn’t pitched since July 15, 2018. It’s also good to see the Cubs top prospects Alzolay and Hoerner are getting back on track.
Big Sale on Cubs Stuff! Check it out below: